still_emerging

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Lot's Daughter speaks against the betrayal of trafficking our own children


Choral Reading Genesis 19:1-8

Narrator: Two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and bowed down with his face to the ground.

Lot: Please, my lords, turn aside to your servant’s house and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you can arise early and go on your way.

Angel: No; we will spend the night in the square.

Narrator: But he urged them strongly; so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he made them a feast, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate. But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house, and they called out to Lot:

Men: Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, so that we may know them.”

Lot: I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Look, I have two daughters who have not known a man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.


“Lament of a Daughter”

Great is the noise of the mob. Angry, violent men, all the men of the village, have surrounded our house – their mouths foam with hatred, their voices scream out evil, their throats spew forth wicked intent. The thundering of their vile suggestions resounds in our ears, and deadens us with terror.

In vain we cry out for mercy. In vain we cry out for peace. In vain we cry out for they cannot hear us. Their rage has deafened them to our begging. Their appetite has stopped up their ears to our pleas.

“It is a broken world that cannot hear the cries of the afflicted.”

Greater by far is the silence of my now-still heart. For rising above the din of the angry men’s shouts, I hear the familiar sound of my father’s voice, desperately trying to bring peace where there is no peace. But the lips I’ve known to speak forth only fatherly affection and harmless scolding, have just uttered forth words holding a vileness, a repulsiveness all their own: “Look, I have two daughters who have not known a man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please.”

I cannot think. I cannot breathe. I can only scream, “NO!!!!”

But in vain I cry out for mercy. In vain I cry out for peace. In vain I cry out for my own father cannot hear me. Fear has deafened him to my begging. Terror has stopped up his ears to my pleas.

“It is a broken world that cannot hear the cries of the afflicted.”

I cry out to God Most High – send from heaven and save me! Put to shame those who trample me! I cry out for your steadfast love – I have never needed you more, Nor felt so far away from You, as I do right now!

“It is a broken world that cannot hear the cries of the afflicted.”

Child Sex Trafficking

RESOURCES:

Videos
“Human Trafficking”
LifeTime Television Production

“Born Into Brothels”

“Child Sex Trade”
A&E Television Production Documentary

Web Sites
www.ecpat.com

www.polarisproject.com

www.amnestyusa.org

www.preda.org

www.stopchildtourism.org

www.uswomenwithoutborders.com

Books
“Hidden Shame of the Church”

Ron Grady
W.C.C.

“Children in the Global Sex Trade”
Oconnell Davidson

“The Sexual Trafficking of Children”
Daniel S. Campagna
Donald L. Poffenberger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home