still_emerging

Friday, July 21, 2006

Slippery Slope of Shifting Paradigms

I should have known I was headed for a coral reef of disaster when I began rethinking, redefining, and re-enacting my theology. The day I started 'nuancing' the characteristics of God, and naming (aloud) the holes I found in the long-held notion of the inerrancy of Scripture was the day I began my descent.

Such open-mindedness, such lowering of my guard to the Evil One, (didn't the Dobsons and the Robertsons of the world warn me of my inevitable fate?) has left me prey to a whole host of 'heretical' thoughts.

I have fallen so far from my conservative, fundamental, pro-American, daughter-of-union-members roots that I am now planning on voting for a democratic governor this fall, and will be buying a foreign-made, high mpg vehicle when the time comes for a new car.

Down, down to the Abyss I go. Oh, the slippery slope of shifting paradigms.

1 Comments:

  • Their blog is very interesting. Congratulations! ! !

    By Anonymous Ocio, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home